I’ve found that sometimes I’ll ask people what they want prayer for personally and they will mention things outside of themselves. Things like healing for the ill, world peace etc. Those are admirable things to pray for and we should ask God for them but what about for you as an individual? Are you asking God for anything?
Others may pray for you but no one on this earth knows what you want or what your heart desires more than you. Someone might pray for you to get a job when what you want is to run your own business. In your communication with God, your Father, are you also talking to Him about your desires? I ask you this because He is your Dad and loves you and His word says “Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4.
Pursue God, have a relationship with Him, pray for others but don’t forget to pray for yourself too. You matter. God loves you and hates to see you in need and not go to Him for what you would like. Below are five scriptures, all the words of Jesus Himself, that tell you how you can ask God for anything and He will do it.
- “You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:14.
- “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” John 15:7.
- “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24.
- “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matthew 21:22.
- “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Matthew 7:7-11.
When you have asked, be patient because God’s timing is better than any we can come up with ourselves. Some things will happen sooner than others but in time God will answer all your prayers. Even when it appears to be taking long, wait on Him.
Daughter of the Most High God, ask your Dad for what you want and need because, as Paul says: “[He is] able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20. Isn’t it amazing that He can do not only more than what we ask but even more than what we imagine? I believe imagination is a form of prayer, so ask Him and when words are not enough, imagine that which you want.